Monday, June 4, 2012

Gardening Dishcloth

We've become quite the garden-loving family the past couple years, so needless to say we were stoked to get our plants in the ground this spring.  We attempted growing from seed, but they didn't survive past a couple weeks.  I'm not sure what we did wrong, but we plan on researching a bit more this winter and we'll try it again next spring.

We pretty much have the same as last year: onion, peas, strawberries, cucumber, tomato, zucchini, and pumpkin.  We did add a few new ones to the mix -- green beans, corn and peanuts!  I'm not convinced the corn will last (some critter is already nibbling them) but I'm looking forward to see what the peanuts will do.

Here's a free dishcloth pattern to all those garden lovers out there!  Happy knitting everyone!




Gardening Dishcloth

Supplies:
1 Skein Lily Sugar n Cream yarn
US #3/3.25mm needles
Yarn needle

(Finished size approximately 8-1/2" x 8-1/2")


Instructions:

Cast on 43 sts

Rows 1-6: (K1, P1) to last stitch, K1

Row 7 (and all odd rows): (K1, P1) x2, P to last 4 sts, (P1, K1) x2 
Row 8: (K1, P1) x2, K35, (P1, K1) x2 
Row 10: (K1, P1) x2, K2, P31, K2, (P1, K1) x2


Row 12: (K1, P1) x2, K3, P29, K3, (P1, K1) x2
Row 14: (K1, P1) x2, K9, P1, K12, P1, K12, (P1, K1) x2
Row 16: (K1, P1) x2, K9, P1, K12, P1, K12, (P1, K1) x2
Row 18: (K1, P1) x2, K8, P1, K13, P1, K12, (P1, K1) x2
Row 20: (K1, P1) x2, K7, P1, K11, P4, K12, (P1, K1) x2


Row 22: (K1, P1) x2, K6, P1, K10, P4, K1, P1, K12, (P1, K1) x2
Row 24: (K1, P1) x2, K6, P1, K9, P5, K2, P1, K11, (P1, K1) x2
Row 26: (K1, P1) x2, K6, P3, K7, P4, K4, P1, K10, (P1, K1) x2
Row 28: (K1, P1) x2, K6, P4, K6, P4, K4, P5, K6, (P1, K1) x2
Row 30: (K1, P1) x2, K6, P4, K6, P3, K6, P5, K5, (P1, K1) x2


Row 32: (K1, P1) x2, K7, P3, K7, P1, K7, P5, K5, (P1, K1) x2
Row 34: (K1, P1) x2, K21, P1, K4, P5, K4, (P1, K1) x2
Row 36: (K1, P1) x2, K19, P1, K1, P1, K5, P4, K4, (P1, K1) x2
Row 38: (K1, P1) x2, K19, P1, K15, (P1, K1) x2
Row 40: (K1, P1) x2, K8, P1, K8, P1, K17, (P1, K1) x2


Row 42: (K1, P1) x2, K7, P2, K8, P1, K1, P1, K15, (P1, K1) x2
Row 44: (K1, P1) x2, K6, P4, K5, P1, K3, P1, K15, (P1, K1) x2
Row 46: (K1, P1) x2, K5, P6, K4, P2, K18, (P1, K1) x2
Row 48: (K1, P1) x2, K4, P8, K2, P4, K17, (P1, K1) x2
Row 50: (K1, P1) x2, K3, P16, K16, (P1, K1) x2


Row 52: (K1, P1) x2, K2, P14, K19, (P1, K1) x2
Row 54: (K1, P1) x2, K2, P13, K20, (P1, K1) x2
Row 56: (K1, P1) x2, K4, P10, K21, (P1, K1) x2
Row 58: (K1, P1) x2, K3, P1, K1, P8, K1, P1, K20, (P1, K1) x2
Row 60: (K1, P1) x2, K3, P1, K2, P6, K3, P1, K19, (P1, K1) x2


Row 62: (K1, P1) x2, K3, P1, K3, P4, K4, P1, K19, (P1, K1) x2
Row 64: (K1, P1) x2, K3, P1, K4, P2, K5, P1, K19, (P1, K1) x2
Row 66: (K1, P1) x2, K4, P4, K2, P1, K3, P1, K20, (P1, K1) x2
Row 68: (K1, P1) x2, K11, P3, K21, (P1, K1) x2
Row 70: (K1, P1) x2, K35, (P1, K1) x2


Rows 72-76: (K1, P1) to last stitch, K1


Bind off in (K1, P1) pattern.


Weave in ends and block, pushing down on stockinette stitches and leaving the purl stitches (so they "pop"). Lay flat to dry.

27 comments:

  1. Just love this! Have one question...I've knit about 100 cloths and have not used a US size 3 needle...is the needle size correct...thanks!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you read that correctly! That's just my recommended needle...you get the best stitch definition in a designed pattern like this. You could use a bigger size needle, your cloth will just end up a bit bigger and the picture may be harder to see. It's all about comfort! A US 3 might be hard for some people to use.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much. So sweet for a gardener!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like what you guys are usually up too. This sort of clever work
    and coverage! Keep up the wonderful works guys I've incorporated you guys to my personal blogroll.

    My site - Green Coffee bean extract for weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I have recently been searching for information approximately
    this subject for a long time and yours is the
    greatest I've found out till now. However, what concerning the bottom line? Are you positive about the supply?

    My weblog ... Veluminous Skin Care

    ReplyDelete
  5. This website was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found
    something that helped me. Kudos!

    my website - Buy Dead Sea Kit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this increase.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage - Automated pay days

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

    Also visit my website; Sytropin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to thank you for this wonderful read!! I certainly loved every little bit of it.
    I've got you book marked to look at new things you post…

    Feel free to visit my blog post :: just click the up coming site

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey there and thank you for your info – I have definitely picked
    up anything new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical issues using this
    web site, as I experienced to reload the web site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load properly.
    I had been wondering if your web host is OK?
    Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and can damage
    your quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I
    am adding this RSS to my email and could look out for a lot more of your respective exciting
    content. Ensure that you update this again very soon.


    Here is my page; Elevate GF facts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, everything is going well here and ofcourse
    every one is sharing information, that's in fact fine, keep up writing.

    Review my web blog - LeParfait

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's hard to find educated people for this topic, however, you sound like you know what you're talking about!

    Thanks

    Feel free to visit my web blog ... acai ultra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific work! This is the kind of info that should be shared across the web.

    Disgrace on Google for no longer positioning this post upper!
    Come on over and seek advice from my site . Thank you =)

    my weblog :: Vimax

    ReplyDelete
  13. After going over a number of the articles on your web site, I honestly
    like your technique of writing a blog. I book marked it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back in the near future.

    Take a look at my website as well and let me know your opinion.


    My weblog - Diet Patch Weight Loss

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your website in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it
    has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Other then that, excellent blog!

    my web site; Pure GCE

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used to be able to find good info from your blog posts.


    My webpage - Cambogia trim review

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this is one of the so much important information for me.

    And i'm glad reading your article. However want to remark on few basic things, The web site style is perfect, the articles is in reality excellent : D. Excellent activity, cheers

    My blog :: http://mtclosetowin.blogspot.com/2012/07/extreme-makeover-weight-loss-edition_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's great that you are getting ideas from this post as well as from our discussion made here.

    Also visit my web page :: Natural Cleanse Diet

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi to every one, since I am truly eager of reading this web site's post to be updated on a regular basis. It includes nice information.

    my weblog: airbnb coupon

    ReplyDelete
  19. What's up colleagues, its wonderful piece of writing regarding tutoringand fully defined, keep it up all the time.

    Feel free to visit my blog post: get ex back

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News.

    Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!

    Thank you|

    Here is my homepage pit 2014 program

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's very easy to find out any topic on
    web as compared to books, as I found this article at this web site.


    Look at my website ... http://www.arcersolutions.com/critical-criteria-online-game-examined

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi my family member! I wish to say that this post is
    awesome, great written and come with approximately all important
    infos. I would like to peer extra posts like this
    .

    Feel free to surf to my web-site: web Page

    ReplyDelete
  23. want to say "thank-you" for all your patterns and for sharing your talents..
    your suggestion are great and I use them... as I am just learning


    ReplyDelete
  24. With the creation of online shopping access to a whole lot of bed products is one of its major benefits,
    say you want a expert product, lets say a double loft bed, you may possibly be
    smarter searching in a home furnishing or bed directory, these will contain particular categories so locating a twin size loft bed, metal loft
    bunk bed and even a full size iron bed will never turn out to be a problem.
    The new project Aqualily is offering two variants of residential flats ' 3 BHK and 4 BHK.

    * Make sure the beds ladders are sturdy and secure, and check on them periodically.


    my web page - how to build a loft bed

    ReplyDelete